Monday, January 5, 2009

January 1.0

"Go right at the first stoplight, I'll be outside waiting for you"

But how long can you wait? When does it stretch from possibility to impossibility? I love the saying "I'll wait for you forever if I have to". It's so romantic, but in truth would anyone really wait forever? And once 'forever' had passed would it really live up to the expectations that had been set? Things work in mysterious ways. I don't know if I believe that God created the universe, or even if that a bunch of stuff colliding somehow miraculously created living beings. Existence seems a little... too difficult and intricate to be happening sometimes. And it's scary. It's all scary. Life. Being. The whole lot of it. You're supposed to act in a certain way but who says that's the right way? Is it merely ideological hegemony (a term we learnt about in media) where a ruling class in society creates 'rules' which are followed by the rest of us mere mortals. We all call green 'green' for example, but is it really? And who says that what we see as green, isn't seen as our purple by someone else? We're all individuals, or so we're told. But really aren't we all humans? All created from the same "mould"?

But back to waiting and the such. I have a wonderful thing, but sometimes I see and hear things that make me believe that it is really such a rare thing that I have to constantly check that it hasn't disappeared on me. Slipped out of my grip while my back was turned and I was distracted. But then I realise it's safe and I'm pretty sure it will always be safe. But I still like to check. It's still nice to know sometimes. Just so you appreciate it that little bit more.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

waiting isn't so bad. you see more that way. but you can't wait forever. death usually gets in the way.