Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feburary 1.0

Summer is almost over. And that makes me sad. And scared. But mostly sad. I feel like I've wasted the weather. I haven't been to be beach enough. I haven't basked in the sun enough. I haven't, I don't even know, appreciated it enough. I'm just sad that soon the sun will dissapear and the horrible cold winds will come to whip hair around our faces and chill us to the bone. And the gray. It makes me depressed. I'd much rather summer when the sky sparkles and the sun is so cheerful. Where the grass looks especially green and lush and the sky has a million shades of blue.

The end of summer also means the back to school. Back to listening and learning and being quiet. Back to deadlines and blue pens and missing important points. Back to sitting through an hour or so of the drone of imaginary bees and the whispers and the glow of under desk texting. Unfortunately I am exaggerating. It's not that bad. It's just different from the carefree, unstructed, free flowing days of holidays. And I'm not liking it one bit... and I haven't even started yet.

Summer is however not over yet. There is still time. And things have been achieved. Recently I ventured to the Island of Phillip. Some of my awesome uni peoples and I nipped down for four days of not a-hell-of-a-lot. We sat enthralled through episodes of skins, we discussed the important matters of desalination plants, we discussed the unimportant matters of the correct use of eyeliner, we sat around the fire and discussed sex and sexually related topics, we attempted to find a song to mix with wonderwall, we walked to the fish and chip shop, twice...and it was closed, twice, and we read multiple copies of zoo magazine whilst commenting on how (un)attractive many of the girls featured actually were.


No comments: